Volunteer with Us!
One in three families face the daily crisis of diaper need.
Operation Cover is our ongoing campaign to bridge the diaper gap today, tomorrow, and in the future. Join us! Together, we can provide comfort and peace of mind — one diaper at a time. Operation Cover invites supporters to help in several ways:
- Become a DBNC sustainer by pledging a re-occurring monthly financial contribution that will enable us to buy diapers
- Host seasonal diaper drives for DBNC
- Volunteer time and talent to DBNC for something as simple as repackaging diapers to joining the board of directors.
The Diaper Bank of NC needs many things to help close the diaper gap. Most of all, we need people who understand that a seemingly small thing like a diaper can make a big impact on families.
Ready to volunteer? Contact us!
Schedule a Diaper Drive today!
More information coming soon about scheduling a diaper drive!
Diaper Hot Spots
Donate Diapers: Every diaper makes a difference! We have Diaper Drop Hotspots all over town, ready to accept your donation of opened or new diapers as well as feminine hygiene, wipes, adult incontinence supplies, and girls underwear of all sizes! We are extremely grateful for these local businesses, community centers and churches who are helping us fight diaper need.
We currently have three branches, please visit the Branches page for information on where hot spots are located.
Interested in becoming a hotspot? Contact us!
- We wrap all of the diapers we get into packs of 25 to distribute out into the community. This helps us in many ways including inventory, minimizing storage needs for our partner organizations and consistent quality and cleanliness of the diapers we distribute. Volunteers are needed constantly to wrap diapers and we have had wrappers as young as 3 help out and as old as 93. If you can count to 12, you can wrap diapers and this is a project that can be done sitting or standing!
- We have regular wrapping events each week. Always call your branch to see when their wrapping day is and when they could use the help.
- We love individual volunteers, small and large groups. Everyone makes a difference! All ages are welcome, we have a small play area that our littlest helpers love to spend time in while they watch their parents giving back to the community!
If these set times do not work for you, let us know and we can set up a volunteer time just for your group or event!
Diaper Distribution Ambassadors
We are looking for a consistent, trained individual (or multiple individuals) in the diaper bank to help organize volunteers, groups and diaper distribution to our partner organizations. These individuals would be able to train new volunteers, oversee the wrapping and help with distribution of the diapers on distribution day (Thursdays). We would love to be able to train 1-3 folks who are willing to come once each week to help out. Contact us if you are interested!
Diaper Drop Hotspot Pick Up
We have donation hotspots all across town and we need help picking up diapers once these hotspot boxes fill up (once a month). It would be wonderful to have a volunteer from Orange County and one from Durham County who is willing to pick up the diapers from their communities hotspots when we alert them that they are full. Contact us if you are interested!
DID WE MENTION THAT WE LOVE OUR VOLUNTEERS!
If you have a talent, passion or idea that you think would help the Diaper Bank of NC succeed in its mission of covering babies bottoms, we would love to hear from you!!
Diaper On, Friends!