When natural disasters strike, our mission to distribute dignity by providing basic hygiene needs becomes even more critical. A single storm can displace thousands of families, separating them from their communities and resources. Many must evacuate quickly, lacking time or space to pack personal care items such as diapers, feminine hygiene products, and adult incontinence supplies. Those already vulnerable, such as those living with poverty, families with young children, and the elderly, are particularly at risk.
Disaster relief organizations provide vital goods and services to those in need. However, there are no agencies that provide diapers. As the only statewide diaper bank in North Carolina, DBNC partners with state emergency services to fill this gap. Previously, DBNC has responded to Hurricane Matthew, the 2018 Greensboro tornado, and Hurricane Florence where we distributed over 3 million diapers, and we continue our work supporting Hurricane Florence victims with shipments of personal hygiene supplies.
As disaster hits we are prepared to answer the need and continue our work to bring dignity and comfort to families across North Carolina.
DBNC urges you to join with us today to support our neighbors across the state.
· Make a quick and easy monetary donation online
· Support our mobile diaper bank, Truckload of Hope. Our Truckload of Hope goes to areas that disasters have hit and directly distributes to families who have been displaced. Contact us for more info at email@example.com
· Drop off diapers, wipes, and sanitary pads to our diaper bank warehouses:
-Durham Headquarters: 1311 East Club Blvd. Durham NC 27704
-Lower Cape Fear Warehouse: 915 S. 16th Street, Wilmington, NC 28401
· Spread the word through social media
· You can donate items through our Amazon Wishlist
· Join our disaster recovery team. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org