Humidifiers serve multi purposes for many individuals. A humidifier is most commonly used by people with health related long or short term conditions. For example, a child with bronchitis or an adult with sinus pressure may feel great relief from a humidifier. Most people that suffer from allergies, asthma, nose bleeds or cracked lips can benefit from the use of a humidifier. A humidifier helps to relieve the symptoms associated with the aforementioned conditions. These were just a few of the conditions that it can be used for in your home and/or workplace.
Once you have determined your need for a humidifier, the next step is choosing the right one for you. When considering the purchase of one, it is advisable to look at the following things: price, functionality and your purpose for purchasing one.
According to size there are four types of humidifiers.
They are as follows: Table top, Console, Tower and Whole House humidifiers.
- Table Top Humidifiers – This is the smallest type. These humidifiers are lightweight and easy to carry from room to room. These humidifiers are easy to refill. There are usually used in a single small room to best results.
- Tower Humidifiers – This is also a portable type. This humidifier can humidify a medium sized space or household area. This is also portable and can humidify wider or medium sized rooms or household space. This type of humidifier requires less refills over time.
- Console Humidifiers – This is a bigger and heavier type of humidifier. They are usually placed on the floor and can cover larger spaces with greater results.
- Whole-House Humidifiers – This type of humidifier can cover the largest amount of space. The maintenance and refilling process is shorten with this type of humidifier. This humidifier is connected to your household HVAC and water line.
Portable vs. Whole House Humidifiers
Portable humidifiers needs to refilled constantly with water but a whole house humidifier operates with pads that only need to be changed annually. A whole house humidifier is able to regulate the humidity throughout your entire house. Portable humidifiers are make more noise and involve more upkeep. However, a portable humidifier is perfect next to your bed if you have a short term condition.
In terms of functionality, there are two types of humidifiers: cool mist and warm mist.
Within the cool mist category, there are two subgroups which include the following: evaporative and impeller humidifiers.
Cool Mist Humidifiers
- Evaporative Humidifiers use fans to blow air through a wick and water.
- Impellar Humidifiers uses a spinning disc which propels water through a screen.
Warm Mist Humidifiers
- These types of humidifiers use heating elements through the use of steam. This humidifier uses a water tank rather than a filter that needs to be replaced.
According to Best Consumers Review – http://choosehumidifier.com/: Ebay and Amazon product Review and Consumer Search.com the brand Crane, Vicks and Honeywell are all listed as top table top humidifiers under $50. These are a mix of cool and warm mist humidifiers on the top review list.
Essick and Honeywell have a while range of console and whole house humidifiers. The whole house humidifiers are more costly than the other ones as they are able to reach large spaces. These humidifiers are typically $200 or under.
The shower head that is saving your money: mysticism or reality?
Nest Learning Thermostat Review
Best Planer Reviews: DEWALT DW735X, Makita 2012NB
How to Choose a Laser Rifle Scope
Top10 local locksmiths in Miami area
All About Humidifiers
Mattress Options for Chronic Neck Pain
Backpack Guide, Important Features and Benefits