LOWER CAPE FEAR BRANCH COORDINATOR
PART-TIME 10-20 HRS PER WEEK
ABOUT DIAPER BANK OF NORTH CAROLINA
With 26 percent of our children living below the poverty line, North Carolina has the sad distinction of having one of the highest child poverty rates in the country. A rarely mentioned consequence of this poverty is babies who go without adequate clean diapers.
Existing safety-net programs such as WIC and food stamps do not cover diapers. With the cost of diapers averaging $100 per month per child, this leaves families in poverty struggling to afford the diapers their children need to stay healthy and comfortable.
The Diaper Bank of NC partners with established family-support organizations in the Triangle, Greater Triad and Lower Cape Fear to distribute diapers to low-income families. In addition, we provide emergency diaper kits to meet immediate needs, and offer guidance and administrative support for diaper drives. Our goal is not only to address the unmet need for diapers, but also to advocate for recognition of diapers as a basic human need all children deserve.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The Branch Coordinator will serve as a key position for Diaper Bank of North Carolina- Lower Cape Fear Branch. DBNC seeks a professional staff member to help lead the diaper distribution program, volunteer coordination and overall objectives to grow the diaper bank. The Branch Coordinator needs to be someone who can manage their time independently, is passionate about social justice and committed to their community. DBNC seeks someone who is self motivated and committed to our mission of promoting the dignity of residents of North Carolina.
- Goal-oriented: You are a person that is excited by challenge.
- Relationship builder: You enjoy fostering relationships and are comfortable working with different types of people.
- Highly productive with ability to multi-task and self-manage: You are adept at knowing how to prioritize tasks and your time most effectively to achieve goals.
- Excellent ‘customer’ service skills: Interacting with volunteers, donors, and the public, you have strong listening skills, are patient, well-spoken, and polite.Flexible, fluid and comfortable with a certain amount of ambiguity: You are able and willing to shift focus to address emerging needs and you are comfortable working independently.
- Excellent writing skills
- 10% Travel
- Ability to lift 20lbs
- Coordinating volunteer efforts, including creating and improving processes to attract, retain and maximize involvement.
- Developing and expanding partnerships with local businesses, corporations and community organizations.
- Operating diaper distribution program, including communicating with partner agencies.
- Refer potential clients and others interested in DBNC services.
- Solicit diaper drives and other opportunities to increase diaper donations.
- Assisting with donor stewardship, communication/correspondence and administration/documentation
- Periodic research on any number of non-profit needs including grants, vendors, best practices etc.
- Creating marketing materials, social media and print materials as needed.
- Utilize a variety of program management tools to maintain communication and promote growth.
- Perform in accordance with Diaper Bank of North Carolina policies.
- Advocate and promote the mission of Diaper Bank of North Carolina in a positive and professional manner.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME, LETTER OF INTEREST AND THREE REFERENCES
All Resumes and cover letters should be sent to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 1311 E. Club Blvd. Durham NC, 27704
The shower head that is saving your money: mysticism or reality?
Nest Learning Thermostat Review
Best Planer Reviews: DEWALT DW735X, Makita 2012NB
How to Choose a Laser Rifle Scope
Top10 local locksmiths in Miami area
All About Humidifiers
Mattress Options for Chronic Neck Pain
Backpack Guide, Important Features and Benefits